On Thursday 4 May 2017, electors from Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside, Trafford and Wigan will be eligible to vote in the first election for the Greater Manchester Mayor.
The person elected as Mayor, along with the Greater Manchester Combined Authority, will be responsible for many aspects of political life in Greater Manchester, from transport and housing to Police and Fire services.
The deadline to register to vote in the Greater Manchester Mayoral election was 13 April 2017.
You can still register to vote in future elections online at gov.uk/register-to-vote .
If you are registered to vote, you can either vote in person, by post or by proxy (appointing someone else to vote on your behalf). Find out more on how to vote here.
Polling stations will be open between 7am – 10pm on 4 May 2017.
In this section you can find information on:
- How to Vote for your GM Mayor
- Different ways to vote
- Candidate information booklet
- How to Vote
- Information for carers and people with a disability
- What does the mayor do?
- What does the Greater Manchester Combined Authority do?
- Who can you vote for?
- Using the supplementary voting system
- Counting the votes
- Timetable and legal notices
- Contacting your local authority
- Multilingual Resources
- Visual Impairments